Sofia University was founded in 1975. Sofia University is WASC accredited and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the fields of psychology, liberal arts, women’s spirituality and related areas. Located in Palo Alto, California, the University provides both on campus and low residency distance learning programs which permit students the opportunity to study at a distance and online, as well as to meet on campus for brief intensive seminars with their cohort and faculty.
The university's purpose is to prepare students to apply the knowledge, principles and experiences of transpersonal psychology to research, training, and the practice of clinicians, counselors, educators, and other professionals. The university's broader purpose is to provide leadership in the field of transpersonal psychology whereby faculty, graduates, and students contribute to the enrichment of human life and address worldwide needs with compassion and effectiveness.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer
All resumes should be sent to Human Resources Manager Aida Smailagic: firstname.lastname@example.org
RegistrarReports to: Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs
Department: Registrar’s Office
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
General Description:Small, dynamic, young (40 years old), regionally accredited university in the Silicon Valley seeks a registrar to become part of a dynamic team with an international growth strategy. The registrar is a core member of the enrollment management team, and will partner with all stakeholders to maintain the integrity of all academic records, policies and processes while providing strong leadership within the Office of the Registrar. This position will require a unique combination of analytic ability, systems thinking, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be both detail- and process-oriented, and will possess the skills necessary to manage and analyze a range of quantitative and qualitative information.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Uphold the integrity of student academic records in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Manage the academic calendar
- Responsible for systems and processes for course schedule development
- Accurately manage the degree audit process
- Timely collection of grades
- Lead and monitor student registration
- Ensure that quarterly schedules are produced on time, meet students’ needs and achieve or exceed institutional productivity targets
- Accountable for management of all aspects of student registration on quarterly basis.
- Responsible for all functions of the Office of Academic Records, which includes undergraduate and graduate, on and off campus, distance and certificate programs
- Accountable for data collection/analysis and preparation of reports decision making, clearinghouse, IPEDS, BPPE, and other external reporting
- Coordinates construction of the academic calendar, responsible for its approval and publication
- Oversees the assignment of University classrooms and facilities
- Serves as a member of the Academic Affairs team, supports University commencements, Honors Convocation and other special events
- Serve as a DSO
- A master’s degree is preferred. A bachelor degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a registrar or assistant/associate registrar in an academic setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior work experience with international students, F-1 and J-1 regulations is preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer-relation skills
- Successfully manage multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituents