Creative Expression Certificate (CEC)
Who Can Apply?If you would like to take the creative expression certificate, please click on the Certificate in Creative Expression: GMATP Pathway Description The Creative Expression Certificate (CEC) provides students the opportunity to use coursework across Sofia University programs to receive a professional application certification. The (CEC) offers exciting pathways of study regarding theories and practices of creative expression, creative process, multimodal creative expression and the “creative connection.” The 18-19unit certificate includes a practicum and provides the necessary educational groundwork to contribute to student ability to use the expressive arts in their profession. This may also assist in obtaining credentials for various professional organizations in the expressive arts. Students need to check with each organization for the qualifying requirements as they change over time. Creative expression is a powerful transpersonal vehicle for growth, healing and wellness even as it contributes to a growing body of professional applications such as leadership, global communication, mediation, innovation, business practices, healthcare, education, spiritual disciplines, research, entrepreneurship, and clinical work to name a few. In recent years, creativity is recognized more and more as an extremely valuable ingredient across the spectrum of employment opportunities. And, trained practitioners are needed, particularly with a transpersonal understanding. In earning this certificate, students will enter a variety of professions with a new way to facilitate change and manifest what it means to be a professional. Sofia University delivers coursework through a transformative educational style, one which models whole person education encouraging discernment, respect, compassion, appreciation of differences, accessing various ways of knowing, and recognition of the interconnectedness of all beings. Our courses are designed and taught by educators who value the integration of spirit, body and mind and who appreciate diverse perspectives and multiple ways of learning. They are grounded in transformative and transpersonal learning. Certificate Goals
- Provide students with the theories and practices of using creative expression and exploration with a multimodal approach for a variety of purposes.
- Prepare students to apply theories of creative expression and creative process and practices in their professional lives.
- Provide opportunities for students to enter into practicums that explore, support and deepen their creative expression professional application, while also enhancing their imaginative and innovative capacities.
- Provide education and experiences in a way that invites reflection and embodiment of their learning while facilitating creative expression and process integration into their professional lives.
- Encourage students to appreciate their own ways of knowing through their creative process, and to recognize and honor the diversity in other’s ways of knowing.
- Provide modeling regarding creative expression and process witnessing and response.
- Encourage and support each student’s path of professional application in their community or the world at large.
- Foundational Creative Process Experiential Courses 5.0-6.0 units
- Creative Expression Electives 9.0 units
- Professional Practicum (focus creative expression) 3.0 units
- Showcase Portfolio 1.0 units
- Closing Gathering (online) see CEC Guidelines January 10 2017 Revision for more information